Friday, May 13, 2016

Accentuate the Positive and Eliminate the Negative

There are times that even the very top of the ladder optimists must remind themselves to continue to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.  The reason that I am writing this (actually, the reason that I write most of my blogs is a part of myself that I need to let go).  Writing does this for me.  When I was in school and had to at least pretend to be listening, writing was not really an option, however doodling was.......... and I was a great doodler. Still am and it is a great way to stay focused on what is being said.

Back to my train of thought; where I am going with this blog is to help me and hopefully some one else to rethink allowing negativity to seep into your mind.  What good will come of it?  If you need a moment to vent then do so.  Time yourself if necessary.  Sometimes for me it is a necessity.  Then think to yourself and ask, "What good comes out of whining and complaining?"  Absolutely NOTHING!

You can say the squeaky wheel gets the oil, yet squeaking along in a more positive manner with suggested outcomes and solutions will go a lot further than behaving as a spoiled two year old.  

Sharing a method that I use may reveal what kind of nerdy person that I am - hey - all I can say is it works for me.  Everyone needs to find their own way and here is mine.  First, I must digest the information given to me just so it can rumble and tumble in my brain like clothes drying in a tumble dryer.  

Next is having a very special someone that you can talk out your thoughts.  Sometimes, I even have a positive list and a negative list and try to find many more positives than negatives about whatever is going on in my life.  Many times, this requires you to dig deeper to help you cope with a challenging situation....all I can say is that it is always worth it.  Get real with yourself.  Think about what really matters is the outcome of the positive strategies that you have put in to place.  

This may sound hokey.  Trust me.  It works.   

No comments:

Post a Comment