Friday, November 24, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

The day after Thanksgiving, I would like to still wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. After all, we really do celebrate from Thursday through the weekend, basically. We had a quiet non-traditional Thanksgiving on Thursday. We went to the movies for a matinee and then celebrated with a Filet Mignon and flatbread cheese fondue in the evening. Which may or maybe not (probably did) include a bottle of champagne. Delicious. It was the first Thanksgiving that we both sat down to watch the whole Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We decorated a bit and just enjoyed each other's company. 

Today, we will enjoy the company of our daughter and her family for a much more traditional Thanksgiving dinner and celebration. Steve also intends to get Davis over to the Doggie Park, so that he can celebrate as only a puppy can.

Here, I am going to list only a short list of things that I am grateful for:


  • My entire family, from my loving, thoughtful husband to all 4 of our beautiful children and their partners and our special 4 beautiful grandchildren
  • Our special little 63 pound furball
  • The special retirement years that the two of us have planned together
  • Time to have my dreams of writing fulfilled
  • The home that we have put together as a team to make it truly our home
  • Our extended family and friends
  • Positive thoughts and meditation
  • Manicures and Pedicures, Facials and Massages
  • Shanon, our hairdresser
  • Chico's

Just 10  - Hey! What can I say? My list could go to over 100 and I want to enjoy Thanksgiving, just like all of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment