Monday, March 12, 2018

Changes

We are in control of the changes we make in our lives. No one can do it for us, as Carol Burnett so wisely states. Before I hear a lot of moaning and groaning and but what abouts...let me add this. Yes, we are constricted to a degree about how we go about some of the changes that we may want. This is where creativity and thinking outside the box comes in to play.

Why is it easier for some people to make changes and so difficult for others? If you can answer this million dollar question then you have the power to change what you desire. None of us can force change; what we can do is take control of it. The best way that I have discovered is to go at it in baby steps.

Example:  1. Think about what it is you want to change. Keeping in mind that change is hard, let's face it. Usually, if it is a personal change, it is a habit such as smoking, or overeating, or trash talking to a loved one. Perhaps this 'habit' has been going on for over 10 years or so. 
               2.  Once determined change is in our minds, it is up to us to get it set in stone as a mindset. This could mean writing about it, drawing it, dreaming it, saying it, and practicing it. Baby steps really. One day you may not make it. That is not an excuse to give in. This is where I have made my very own mistakes on changes. Just go ahead, live and learn. 
                3.  Stay positive. Sometimes you may need help with a support system to stay on our toes, we need to practice and give supportive feedback. Have confidence within yourself and try new ideas that others may give you or ones that we may come up on our own.
                4.  To maintain this change requires constant supervision. Who is the supervisor? We are our own supervisors. As Les Brown said, "You've got to fight for your dreams like your life depends on it. Why? Because it does!"

When I saw that I had to get out of my comfort zone to accomplish what I wanted to change, this is when the journey with change stopped being an uphill battle in all parts of my life. One of my favorite actors is Morgan Freeman. He was in a movie titled, "Bruce Almighty." A line that he used that stuck with me was "If you want to see a miracle BE the miracle." We all have the power to make it happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment