Saturday, March 11, 2023

MAGIC IN NATURE

MAGIC IN NATURE


 
To get along in life, all I try to do is to continue to look for the magic that is all around me. Really, it is everywhere. I could focus on negativity, however, I choose to look for the power of positivity. It actually comes fairly easy for me. I do consider this a gift because I know that a lot of people have trouble with this. One thing that helps me is that I have stopped watching so much news and weather. DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA! The station managers feel that is what draws in their viewers and to be honest? I believe it does. Just read social media some times and hear what people are saying about the times that we live in today. (Another thing that I have learned to do is to use my scroll button and to not let others pull me into their negative drama!)



It is true that happiness is actually in our own hands. I just open all of my senses, along with my heart and soul and I can feel the power that is within me. The power that can make my mood elevator soar to the penthouse. Some days, I will admit, that I must push the going up button a little harder than others. Another trick that I use to help me is to surround myself with others who can support what is happening in my life and understand me with no judgments. I know that I already have what it takes, I just need a little encouragement now and then. 




One recent example is that I had my hair fried. I won't go into detail of who, what, when or where. I just wanted to cry and did all the way home and each time that I looked in the mirror. And if the bleach mess up job was not bad enough, then I had scissors taken to it and received the worse lopsided haircut ever. So between the bleach not being done correctly and then wild, uncontrolled scissor swipes, I left crying after I removed the scissors from my hairdresser's hands. Thank goodness the support of the staff there took care of me. I am so grateful for that. After one time back to the salon, I was able to live with it because they showed me what to do and gave me the products to do it myself until my hair becomes normal again.

It really is a matter of looking for the magic all around us while we look on the brighter side of life. My close family and friends were a huge support to help get me through this trying time. As far as the salon goes, I sent them a little special treat for their kindness.






Really it is easier to help spread kindness, love, empathy, peace, hope and compassion all around to others than spew out negativity. I find it not only soothes me on the receiving end but also on the giving end of it. 
 


I know that I truly do already have what it takes to find my happy place. I tend to joke and say that my happy place is on the beach (and it is.) Let's be honest here. I am living in landlocked Memphis, Tennessee. So I would say that if the beach is my only happy place then I am not going to be happy very often within the year. 




Finding my happy place is  really easy when I take the time to play and to make it colorful and to plant more flowers (which I have planned out already for the garden). 


Living with two very special granddaughters gives me lots of time for play. And hopping on The City of New Orleans, I have two more granddaughters in New Orleans to show me how it is to just let the inner child in me out. It is a great feeling. I watch tv shows and movies with them that I never watched before. Coloring, painting, helping with homework, and playing games are ways of helping to make my life more colorful and fun. Try it sometime in whatever way it works for you. Right now, we have caterpillars living in our dining room, making cocoons and in a little over a week...BUTTERFLIES! So yes, I try to make things colorful in every way I can. 








No comments:

Post a Comment