Monday, June 11, 2018

Mind, Body and Soul




Many times my blog is about what I need to hear for myself and therefore if anyone else cares about that topic then it is out there for them to read if they so desire. The one thing that I work hard on is trying not to sound as if I am preaching. I am just like everyone else; finding my own path and knowing which doors to open for myself. We all are in charge of our own happiness.



For me this means all of my body, soul and mind involved in finding what will make me happy. Some things are simple little things, such as keeping my working space in order, getting a manicure when needed, having five minutes of meditating my positive mantra of the day, etc. Then there are other times that I jump in feet first and go for a big plunge just because I have an awareness that it will help me discover more of the happiness that I want to build on. 

The quote (of which many different people take credit for) that states if you keep doing things the same way then you should expect the same results. Finally, my light bulb above my head flipped on bright. It took a friend to share what he was going through to make me see it.

One thing that did not make me feel very happy was to get dressed in the morning because of my weight. I needed to take control. No one else could do it for me. When my friend shared that he was on a very special plan that is working so well for him, as well as others, then my positive thinking went into overdrive. There were several reasons why. First of all no one was selling anything. We as Americans spend way too much money on diet centers and clinics, not to mention the meds they give you or the diet foods in the grocery store. 

For this plan you only watch a very amusing YOUTUBE video and make your own mind up if this is what would make you happy. I was working on my mindset that I needed to think of all the positives about myself. Lighten up (no pun intended)! So I did watch the YOUTUBE video called, Butter Makes Your Pants Fall Off. 


When I watched it, as well as other videos that popped up with this one, I thought to myself that this is something that I can do. First of all, let me stress that each person has to know why they want to lose the extra pounds. Basically, it has to be for yourself, to make you happier. When you are happy, those around you are happy. To know that I am doing this to become healthier and to be around longer with those that I love is a fantastic reason to go for it. A plus side of it is to not have to fight off my mind, body and soul voices each morning, all telling me how I look. MINDSET! I am going into each day with my voice telling me how I look and feel. Marvelous!

This program needs to be kept simple or people like me can become overwhelmed. It basically is a low-carb, high-fat diet with moderate proteins. I read about it, I listened and watched, however, I do not need all of the little details. Just tell me how many carbs I need to have in a day. "Just the facts, Mam!"


Believe me when I say that I already knew that I had an obsession with bread. The more that I talked and read about those who were losing weight did it by cutting out soft drinks, sugar, flour, and starchy foods the more that I believed that I could do it too. The first week that I was on the plan, I had a luncheon to go to at a very nice restaurant. Their hamburgers were amazing. Instead of whining that I could not have this or that, I made it work for me. I chose the guacamole burger. The beautiful brioche bun went to the side. A bit of Dijon mustard with the lettuce, tomato and onion slice, along with the guacamole made a culinary masterpiece. The good news is that it equaled out to exactly what I should have in low-carb, high-fat, and moderate protein meal. As a side item I had the chef's roasted garlic asparagus. It made me feel so proud and spurred me on to keep this going.

Getting over that everything has to be about food is work in progress. We all have the freedom over choosing what we want. This is a life changer for me. To throw in little surprises at times also helps. Having a sparkling water delivered to the table or sipping it at home gives me a special delight! It reminds me to never, ever give up on me. "Success consists of getting up just one more time than I fall." These are Oliver Goldsmith's words. I am fairly certain that he was not talking about how many net carbs you went over for your day, yet it surely does fit my MINDSET. 

Change is possible. There must be planning involved for me and then I can go for it. Each day, I spend a little time reading more about what to eat, what to avoid and am learning not to beat myself up over too many carbs. Everything that I have read says to work on the 20 - 30 carbs a day. When you get to your desired weight, you can have a day here and there where you may go over some. It is called life.  





No comments:

Post a Comment