Saturday, September 30, 2023

LIFE IS LIKE A ROLLER COASTER

 LIFE IS LIKE A ROLLER COASTER



This is a really good visual of life for most of us in general. Let's face it. None of us have all highs, nor do we have all lows. I know there are times that it may feel that nothing is going our way and that it is a long climb up to get to the next high point. To me, it is a matter of getting my mind set on where it is that I want to go and push the pedal to the medal and just GO! 

Yes, there are times that it helps to close my eyes and have some faith that it will all turn out just fine. Just hang on and enjoy the ride where our lives take us. It may not always be what we thought it would be. That is where plan A and plan B come in to play. There are 26 letters in our alphabet, so the plans can be as flexible as we need them to be.



There will always be ups and downs in our lives. Those things that we have no control over. What we do have control over is how we choose to respond to enjoy the ride or to scream and whine all the way? In my mind, I would always try to choose going the positive road and just enjoy the ride. Make the best of it. 

It is not always so easy in certain situations. I have learned to wrap my mind around memories of my lost loved ones in order to ride the roller coaster of life. That is what our precious loved ones would want for us. Not to be trying to learn how to live without them but to live with the love they left behind. That is such an important lesson of life. 




Another way to have support can be from family and/or friends or perhaps even seeing a therapist to be able to talk out your own roller coaster rides. I have found that family and friends are the best ever. They listen to be, they feel for me, and sometimes they have to just help to point me in the direction that I need to be going. 




At this time in my life, I have decided to paint my life in a healthy way. Both in exercise, eating habits and mentally. Meditation works well for me. Sometimes it is a matter of closing my eyes and just clearing my mind. Other times it is all about journaling what is going on in my mind with words or with sketches. At one point, I was painting more and writing more in my novel so that I could get it off to an editor in hopes of publishing it. 

Finally, it has happened! I am now ready to move forward with both of those goals. There are events in our lives that can slow us down; the lesson for me here is to never give up. Keep on keepin' on!



No comments:

Post a Comment