Friday, August 25, 2017

It Ain't Over 'Till It's Over



In the last week, I know that I have heard the saying of, "Old Age Sucks" way too many times. It seems as we do age,there seems to be more times when an illness takes hold and the days of bouncing back quickly seem to elude us. It is still a horrible saying and one that has the ability to bring on a bout of depression, if you allow that. I truly believe it is a choice that each one of us has to make.

My grandmother taught me well. She did not give out her age. In fact, somehow, she miraculously hid it from my grandfather until he saw her passport. I, for one, have given so many different ages and years that I was born in, that I actually must look at my driver's license at times to be sure.

My choice has been made. It is important to talk about how we feel with those close to us. It helps to put all things in perspective. You can see and hear for yourself that you are not imagining your aches and pains. It helps to know when it is important to go see your doctor. It is also equally important that we realize that growing older is inevitable. Giving in and giving up is an option.

A dear friend sent out some very powerful quotes from some of the older generation who may inspire others. I know they certainly inspired me. therefore, being such the nerd on quotes, this blog is dedicated to specifically some of these inspirational people. They did not give in to old age and we should not ever believe differently. Age is truly just a number.

ENJOY!
BE INSPIRED!







Never put an age limit on your dreams. The trick to aging gracefully is to enjoy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment