Monday, August 1, 2016

Everybody Wants to Rule the World


The song, Everybody Wants To Rule the World makes more sense to me when I hear it in the point of view from a powerful person's subconscious justifying their actions.  Just thinking about what all is going on in our world today, it made me think about things that we should all be doing in order for us all to be able to come together and unite so that we have a more peaceful world.  The quote from RUMI, "Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world.  Today I am wise, so I am changing myself," is how we should all be thinking.

There are a multitude of things that we need to just quit doing.  If we keep doing things the same way then we will continue to get the same results.  However, in my mind this is a negative way to look at it and if you know me or of me, then you know that I am always looking for the positive spin on everything.  So that is how I will be writing this blog.  Instead of we need to stop doing this, let's focus on what it is that we do need to be doing.  

Let's begin with doing what pleases you.  You have heard the expression that you will never be able to please everyone and if you think that you can, good luck to you.  If we work on doing what makes us happy by not putting ourselves down and overthinking events that have not even occurred as of yet, problems have more of a chance of coming to a solution.  If your integrity is in place, then the right people will know you are trying your best, including yourself.  And, just for the record, my definition of integrity is doing what it right, even when no one is looking.  Your inner voice is usually not to be ignored. 

If drama is your mode, then drama will follow you wherever you go.  It means that you crave being in a crisis and will purposefully, even if subconsciously, set yourself up for this.  Today I discovered a new vocabulary word that fits here perfectly:  "shananigator"  - noun  -  a person who instigates shananigans.  I am wondering if this is the best way for us to all come together to solve problems. Probably, we want to skip the drama and leave it to the stage and screen.

Sometimes that famous "box" gets in our way.  You need to not think in the box.  You need to not even think outside the "box."  Looking at this in a positive manner is to just throw the damn "box" away and start embracing change.  We really do not need to wait for permission to try new things.  Instead of worrying about it, do something.  My grandmother used to say that worrying is like a rocking chair.  It will give you something to do, but it won't take you anywhere.  

One of the last things that we all need to work on is to start believing that taking care of ourselves is critical.  You have to be well taken care of by yourself in order to even begin to help others. You are not being irresponsible in taking care of yourself, you are being practical.

Remember the commercial, "Try it.  You'll like it?"  If you don't try, nothing will ever happen.  We all are not out there to rule the world.  What is needed is a coming together that we can agree to disagree, and to continue to respectfully listen to one another so that the best solutions to our problems can become unlocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment