Monday, March 28, 2016

Just Do It!


The "Just Do It" marketing theme for Nike could be any one's mantra who wants to accomplish specific goals. A quote that was on my day to day calendar stated that the wish you make isn't going anywhere unless you do something about it.  Every day, if you do just one thing, at the end of six months you will be somewhere. Marlo Thomas was credited with saying these words.  This truly resonated within me.

The wish can be whatever you wish for yourself or for others.  As much as I believe in miracles and of course a bit of magic, the average person has to take some responsibility in order to help their wish or dream to come true.  For example, some of my wishes are things that I must take some responsibility for helping them along.  I can wish till the cows come home, and no matter what, I will not be wearing that size 10 dress again if I do not maintain a physical workout and watch portion controls.   My other wish is to become a published author.  And again.......it is not going to happen without me doing a little something each day toward that goal.

What seems to matter is exactly how much do you really want that wish or dream to come true?  The subconscious is still so very mysterious.  It could be the very thing that may be holding us back at times.  For me, it is very important to get my mind set on specifically what it is that I need to do in order to help a wish come true.  Also, for me, I do not tend to do well when all kinds of distractions come flooding my way.  Lucky for me, I am now more in control of what happens daily in my life. There is such a thing as writing down a "to do" list and being able to accomplish most of it.  Do I always accomplish covering off my list?  Not just no, but hell no!  The list is still there for me and sometimes priorities change and I must be flexible enough to go with the flow.

As I have started my blog and joined in on Twitter, my network is growing with writers who all have advice, suggestions and feedback,  Some are just starting out like I am, while others are very well known authors. The advice that I have been receiving almost always fits into the the quote about not just wishing for it, but do something, even if it is just one thing each day to help make it happen.

So let me say a really good piece of advice from Nora Roberts:  "You can fix anything but a blank page."  SO.................... Write.  Write each day.  Write something each day.  There are three rules to writing a novel according to W. Somerset Maugham.  They are:
1.
2.
3.
.....unfortunately, no one knows what they are.

So............... WRITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment