Monday, May 22, 2023

SELF-LOVE

 SELF-LOVE



The best thing I ever did was BELIEVE in me.


There comes a time in everyone's life that before us there is a fork in the road. I hit that fork in my road through life. So which way was I going to choose to go? So far, I am 99.9% sure that I have chosen the best path for myself. It truly is a matter of self-love. I want to be healthy for ME. The side benefits just happen to be that I will not only feel better but due to feeling better, I will look better, at least in my own mind. It is part of self-love. Doing something for myself! It is not being selfish. I want to be around for as long as possible for my children and grandchildren. And, I want to be healthy and happy! So, I made my choice.

With the help of a very good friend, who became my coach through this process, I am moving on along my path with ease. Most days are very easy and flow very well. 

This statement is so true. One can't go out and find balance, nor can one go out and buy it. Balance is created within yourself. Keeping an open mind toward all of the possibilities is one way that I use to create my balance.



It seems that the more that I focused on my balance, the more it was magnified. This was my saving grace and will continue to be; sort of like the 'never-ending story.' And I happen to love that feeling. What I do know for sure is that my current situation will NOT determine my final destination. 



When I started this journey, I did it for self-love. I did it to become healthy. But, you know what? It does not hurt to have a goal in mind. At a meeting the other day with my financial planner, she continued to tell me NOT to go into my social security fund until I hit the magic age. Well, that will be sooner than she thought. HA! What a fabulous compliment when she said that she wanted my look when she was my age. (whatever that age may be)

All I can say is that it is ok to set your goals wherever you choose. Afterall...Martha never in a million years believed that she would be the oldest woman on the cover of the Swimsuit Edition of Sports Illustrated. But look at her! 81 years young!



Today I hope you wake up with love, love for life, love for others, and most importantly, love for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment